WASHINGTON, DC, March 2, 2020 – The OneRail Coalition today announced that it has completed its reorganization as a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization and named its first board of directors. The group, which was started in 2009 to bring together stakeholders in support of a strong U.S. freight and passenger industry, said the change enables it to operate more efficiently in its ongoing mission to educate policymakers and the public about the benefits of a strong U.S. freight and passenger rail system.
“OneRail Coalition’s transition from a nonprofit operating under the auspices of the Surface Transportation Policy Project to a standalone 501(c)(6) organization with its own board of directors strengthens our position as an important voice in the transportation policy arena,” said OneRail Director Anne Canby. “With this new structure and our own board of directors, OneRail starts a new chapter in its mission to educate policymakers and the public on the importance of freight, passenger and commuter rail to the U.S. economy,” stated Canby.
OneRail Coalition officers and board members include:
- Chuck Baker, Chair, President, American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association
- Adrian Arnakis, Secretary, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, Association of American Railroads
- David Arouca, Treasurer, Assistant National Legislative Director, Transportation Communications Union/IAM
- Ken Altman, Senior Director, Federal Government Affairs, Amtrak
- Stacie Tiongson, Senior Director, Government Affairs, American Public Transportation Association
- Nicole Brewin, Vice President of Government & Public Affairs, Railway Supply Institute
- Anne Canby, Ex Officio, Director, OneRail Coalition
OneRail is a diverse group of stakeholders who have come together to educate America about the benefits of a strong freight and passenger rail system. Learn more at www.onerail.org; follow OneRail on Facebook and Twitter, and join the LinkedIn group.